Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Potpouri of Thoughts

Arlo peed in the potty today! One point for the lazy mama potty trainer!

Yesterday at the park a man asked if I was Arlo and Elsa's babysitter. He profusely apologized when I told him I was the mama. I told him I took it as a compliment, that I must not look as old as I feel. I don't totally take it as a compliment, though.

We took the babies and Nailah (teenage stepdaughter) on a tour of the East Wing of the White House today. Ever wear high heels while carrying a 9 month old in a Baby Bjourn? Fun times. The babies did fantastic, though. Arlo got some laughs when he said, "Mommy, where's Obama?"

My knitting class was a huge success. I learned to knit in two sessions. My goal: one amazing scarf for The Hubbie for Christmas. Next up: I start pottery classes in mid-September. I've wanted to learn to make pottery since at least the movie Ghost.

I've run twice this week. And it's August in Washington, D.C., so that should count as, like, four runs. During today's run, pushing the jogging stroller, all I could think was "Mama's back in the saddle."

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. So, I just wanted to say that I love reading your blog.
    Your an inspiration to me.
    Your kids are terribly lucky, to have had a tour of the white house at such a young age. Kinda jealous, won't lie. :)

    ReplyDelete