Thursday, March 18, 2010

In the Spirit of Lent...


In the spirit of Lent, I've given up complaining.


Well, that's the intent at least. Actually, I've become more mindful about the triggering events that typically begin my complaining and I'm working on doing something more productive during those times.


Why? Because it is a drag to be around a person who bitches and moans all the time. Also, complaining keeps you stuck in a rut by giving you the satisfaction of letting off steam and this prevents you from taking action that would prevent such occurances in the future.


For example, when our babysitter was late for the third time, instead of immediately calling my mom or husband and complaining about her, I simply decided to call a differrent sitter next time and I went on with my life. A lot more pleasant for everyone involved, right?


It's not easy to give up a complaining habit, that's for sure. But it's a heck of a lot more fun than giving up chocolate or ice cream for 46 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment