Thursday, October 15, 2009

Muskogee, Oklahoma, USA


The babies and I are here in Muskogee, Oklahoma - my hometown - visiting my mom and stepdad. I only told one friend I was coming in, and we got together for dinner a few nights ago. It was so awesome to be able to get out for a nice dinner and conversation and not hear the $20 an hour babysitter's clock going off in my head. (Thanks, Mom!)

It's been cloudy and chilly here, so our outdoor excursions have included lots of layers of warm shirts, jackets, and hats, as well as mittens for little Elsa. It's funny how kids respond so positively to the outdoors. They simply love being outside running, jumping, kicking balls, and exploring. We had lots of fun throwing small sticks into the little creek behind the house.

Muskogee has added a trolley that carries passengers around town, and we intend to take it tomorrow. Where it rains or not, we'll also check out Honor Heights Park to give bread to the ducks and see the waterfall. Of course, I've already begun boring my children with stories from my childhood and I've shared with them most of my favorite restaurants from growing up.

Sometimes isn't it so nice being home?

No comments:

Post a Comment