This ain't no Bucket List. It's me, on my 35th birthday, thinking about what I want to do during the next five years. Here goes:
1. Gather a group of rad women into a poker club that meets monthly.
2. Learn how to play poker so I can win $$ at said poker games.
3. Finish writing the fiction and nonfiction books I've started, publish them, and throw big parties to celebrate their completion and publication.
4. Grow as a photographer using my dad's old, fully manual cameras.
5. Learn how to play at least three songs on the guitar.
6. Learn how to cook - vegan, comfort, ethnic.
7. Find one sport my husband and I enjoy doing together and do it.
8. Travel to at least three of the places of interest to me now: India, Nepal, Thailand, Spain, Portugal, Argentina, Costa Rica, and Greece.
9. Teach my son and daughter how to snowboard and ski.
10. Obtain or at least begin a masters in womens studies. Just cause I'm interested.
11. Tour the northern California wineries with my husband, sans kids.
12. Learn conversational Spanish, Italian, and French.
13. Go on a silent meditation retreat.
14. Get over my fear of public singing by doing karaoke at least once (I've NEVER done it before, never).
15. Commit to a daily meditation practice.
16. Commit to a daily yoga practice.
17. Produce at least one collection of clothing for nursing mamas.
18. One more baby - a gang of three little ones running around the house would be perfectly, blissfully chaotic.
19. Learn to play tennis, cause I totally see myself doing it in my 80s.
20. Reform my night owl ways and sleep at least 7 hours a night, most nights of the week.
21. - 39. ???
40. Plan and execute an amazing 40th birthday bash!